Current version of the course: 5.0
You will be able to:
- Discuss the need for and importance of control system security.
- Learn about current principles and best practices.
- Understand the structure and content of the ISA/IEC-62443 series of documents
- Discuss the principles behind creating an effective long-term security program.
- Learn the basics of risk analysis, industrial networks, and network security.
- Understand the concepts of defense in depth and zones and conduits.
- Learn how to apply key risk mitigation techniques, such as antivirus, patch management, firewalls, and virtual private networks
- Learn how secure software development strategies can make systems inherently more secure
- Know what is being done to validate or verify the security of the systems.
The main objectives of ISA training is to make sure that the audience understands and interprets the requirements of the ISA/IEC-62443 series of standards correctly and what needs to be done.
While the exercises and products used in the lab helps to understand the concepts, it is not within the objectives of ISA to recommend any specific solution or to show how to comply with the multiple requirements.